Friday, May 10, 2013

More technology! Quantum entanglement! Balance.


In response to Ale Jaime's blog on "
Given the alternative of future attacks, more technology to fight back has to be better than less.":

             Ale Jaime basically discussed the fact that there are far worse matters than security cameras in public places, and I agree! Even though Neil M. Richards does not agree, I think security cameras in public is a great precautionary method that would benefit us more than harm us. It's for the greater good! If it's in public, I see no reason as to why not. People should know how to behave themselves in public and if putting these cameras around could promote them to be doing the right thing, then I am all for it! Maybe these precautions will make those who plan to do "bad" think twice. So far, I am OK with security cameras but when the government tries to infringe on our privacy at home, that's where I put my foot down. There should be a balance in which we would allow certain security methods while being able to rightfully reject other methods (like regulating the internet). That's right government, my home, my privacy, my internet. Please steer clear! In light of this, I am glad that Quantum internet is right around the corner.
             So what is the Quantum internet, you ask? By definition, this is an internet connection that is completely secure and can not be tampered, decrypted, or intercepted. Impossible? Not so much. The Los Alamos National Labs has been using this system for about 2 years now! This system could be used to counteract internet monitoring by government under CISPA or the Utah Data Center. I just hope that one of these days, this breakthrough can become a useable product. If it ever does, then it's taxpayer dollars well spent. Basically, this kind of "more technology" could be the key to fight the nosy government when the balance is off.

No comments: